Monday, March 25, 2013

Walking the dog in the snow


It's the end of March and we just got about 15 inches of snow.  Is this what it would be like to live in Wyoming or Idaho?  This is more snow than I think I have ever seen.  So my problem is this:  my boots only come up about half the height of the snow.  I walk the dog around the yard so he can do his business, and the snow gets packed into my boots. We've only had the dog a couple of weeks, so we're still taking him out on the leash.  I'm ready to take my chances.  Open the back door and let him go.  Will we ever see him again?  I don't think I can do it.  We've talked about a shock collar.  I don't really want to shock him (except when I've gotten really mad at him), but it might keep him from getting hit by a car.  Stupid snow.

No comments: