Friday, March 18, 2022

Nori's BBQ Salt Recipe

 I thought this recipe was lost. My mother-in-law gave me a big shaker bottle of it many years ago. I especially liked it on chicken breast with bone and skin. I cooked it in the oven with just this seasoning so the skin would turn out crispy. Mother-in-law passed away a few years ago and I hadn't seen this recipe, until yesterday when I was looking at an old cookbook. This was on a post-it on one of the first pages. 

BBQ SALT

5 parts salt

5 parts season salt

1 part coarse ground pepper (double - I like more)

1/4 part Accent

1/2 part garlic powder

1/2 part Bon Appetit

I'm pretty sure they don't make Bon Appetit anymore. But here's a replacement: 1 Tbsp celery salt; 1 Tbsp sugar; 1 tsp onion powder. 

She made a little note at the bottom that reads: 5 times fills bottles.

No comments: