Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Senior Pictures


The pictures with the black/white top were the first we took.  Each day we shot, the pictures got better.  This is the only one from the first day that I really like.  Because her personality really comes through here.

I love the light and the shadows of this shot. It would probably be my favorite, if she had been really smiling. We were suffereing a little "America's Next Top Model" damage.   


We tried some using a prop.


I suppose these are my favorites of the pictures we took. Yes, we did it ourselves. Pictures from a professional studio cost so much! They charge like $150 just for the sitting. Granted they do give you an hour of their time. I only have a point and shoot digital camera, but I figure if you take enough shots, you'll end up with some good ones. We took a lot we didn't like. We tried some without a smile. That was a mistake. We tried some not realizing that her shirt blended with the grass. Those were okay, but the darker shirt was better. I don't think we'll agree on what to print to give out, but I think that should be her decision. I can always print some to keep for myself. And I actually had a wonderful time pretending I was a real photographer. Now I have to keep it a secret as my teenage daughter is embarrassed of the fact that her pictures were taken by her mother. So if you're one of my Facebook friends, don't write anything on there that her friends can see!

No comments: